“Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux
Name: Yvonne Nguyen
Hometown: Moss, Norway
Traveling has always been my passion. I love to get to know new cultures, places, food and meet new people from every corner of the world. I have visited many countries, had many 1-2 months trips here and there, but my first long term trip was in 2010. My life took a turn for semi-nomadic when I decided to take a break from the life I was used to in Norway. I left my job, home, my friends and family and set off to discover Central and South America all by myself. With no spanish skills in my backpack, I threw myself into the unknown and it was the best decision I´ve ever made in my life.
I´m back in Norway, for now. And all I have in my mind is the next destination! As a treatment for my travel addiction I will keep this blog alive. Do yourself a favor, don´t take it seriously! It´s just another meaningless blog...
A brief look at my travel CV (just to show off):
* I have been to my parents home country, Vietnam three times (1994? 2004, 2010)
* Malaysia twice, both times in 2010.
* Barcelona, Spain. July and November 2009 + 2010.
* London. February and June 2009 + 2010.
* Rome, Italy 2005 and 2008.
* Central and South America (2011): Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia and I lived in Nicaragua for almost 4 months.
* South America (2011/2012): Colombia, Brazil, Argentina (I settled down in Buenos Aires for 3 months), dropped in Peru and Bolivia.
* Road trip in Europe (2005): Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and France.
* Road trip in Europe (2007): Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland and Csech Republic.
* Egypt 2010.
* United States. 2002: Road trip from Texas to California. Dropped in Nebraska, Nevada and Washington. 2011: L.A and Las Vegas. 2011: New York city.
* Aaand Tunisia, Canada and Puerto Rico.