Thursday, October 13, 2011

I fucking love Rio, Selarón´s Steps and his balls!

I tried: I really love Rio, I love Rio very much, I´m in love with Rio, but neeh...  I FUCKING LOVE RIO DE JANEIRO! This place is amazing! Probably the most beautiful city I have ever been to! The people, men in speedo, the vibe, the food - everything is awesome here! Beside the stupid bed bugs-  fuck that. I still love Rio! 
Oh boy... Bogotá, you got competition! Second thought - Rio, I think you just replaced my beloved Bogotá! Weh-weh-weh...


Robin (Jackie Chan´s  nephew), William and I went to Lapa today. In search for Escadaria Selarón. You know,  the colorful stair in Snoop dogg´s "Beautiful" video? Yeah, that one! We found the stair, but unfortunately no hot chicks or Snoop Doggs. But we found this old, funny looking guy! 




And The Great Master´s balls is about to fall out... Great...

It turned out that this crazy dude is the artist behind this world-famous steps!!! Jorge Selarón (print it in your head), a Chilean artist who has traveled, lived and worked as a painter and sculptor in over 50 countries. He came to Brazil in 1983 and fell completely in love with this country. Selarón began to decorate the steps in 1990 as a tribute to his adopted country. And nope, it´s still not finish! The tiles are from 60 countries included Norway! So, this guy with the hole in his pants, invited us in to his studio where we could check out more of his works. And I also bought a tile pictured his famous motive - the pregnant lady! Meeting Jorge Selarón was definitely an YAY experience for me! Hanging at Botero´s place in Bogotá is one thing. But this is even better! You should be jealous! I mean, have you come face to face with Jorge Selarón? Have you taken photos with him? Have you pictures of his balls!? Nooo... But I do! i got plenty of photos of Jorge Selarón´s balls! Beat that! 




Norway! No, I don´t miss you at all

Me and Jorge Selarón at his famous steps!

 I could´t help it. I just had to strike an asian pose. IT´S IN MY BLOOD, GOD DAMN IT! 
This emo kid (we call it Pokemon in Bogota) is  from my hostel. No, not so exited about anything here. But his guns protected my camera in this dodgy neighborhood. Useful one. 

I´m not good at controlling my feelings...
Love it, love it, love! Every single step of it! 

And I love Brazil! The whole package! 

This one is Robin from England. My bodyguard II. And it´s a bonus that he is half asian, cause he takes a lot of pictures just like me. Jackie Chan I  and Jackie Chan II.

Another Pokemon.

Does anybody know how to make the fat lady disappear on Photoshop???


- Yvonne

3 comments: